Thursday, February 21, 2008

Read Aloud Plan

The book that I plan to read is What Baby Wants, by Phyllis Root. The age group targeted is around five to six years old. This book could work in kindergarten or early first grade. The book has some word play and has many animals that make many sounds. The book is entertaining and will keep the children’s attention. The book keeps the children guessing when the baby will calm down. It becomes sort of a guessing game for the children. Also the kids understand that in books it is okay to make words out of sounds. There are also parts of the book where the children are able to participate, so I expect children to have fun participating in the book.
I read the book to some my two nephew’s one who is six and the other is five They followed along and were having fun with the book. They liked that they were able to anticipate when the baby would cry. If I paused when the baby was to cry in the book, they would do it for me.

No comments: